Sunday, January 22, 2023

The Week of Faith's 22nd Birthday



We got rain this week. There were even a few days of cold and overcast (most of the week), but the rains did come! You can see in the photo below where things were still drying out even though the sky is clear.


Ivy and I were a little under the weather this week. We both had sore throats and tried to ignore it (until this weekend when Ivy told me on Friday that she wanted to hibernate all weekend.) She has been pretty good about it, but did run errands with me today. She also humored Bill and I by agreeing to go out to dinner with us on Friday night. We ended up at Five Guys for some delicious burgers. (Will was working.)

Will got new trainers this week at the Nike outlet. He still needs more running shoes, but this helps in the meantime. His pole vaulting coach wants him to be the captain of the team even though Will has told him he is only doing it "part time" - he really wants to focus on running. His pole vaulting coach has been trying to convince him that he isn't that fast anyway and should focus on pole vaulting :) He went out last night after work to watch his friends hurt themselves as they rode a little wagon behind Kaden's new truck. Will was smart enough not to try it himself. Today he is on a second date with a girl. He is giving her another chance. Last time she didn't want to talk about herself at all. She just wanted to watch Will talk about himself and at the end of the date Will realized that she was probably going in for a hug when he dapped her up. We'll see how it goes today!



Yesterday Faith turned 22! She and Collin flew to Yuba City in California for dinner. She quit treats between New Years and her birthday (like she does) and invited me to do it with her, so I mostly did. I must keep it up. I do a lot better without all the sugar. I need to go visit her and see her little apartment. I keep feeling picked on because if she were graduating from college this spring with her friends, then I would have gotten more Christmases, summers and holidays with her. I can't begrudge her growing up so fast. She 's just so good at it!




 

1 comment:

HW said...

The first picture we had to examine many times. It's maaaaybe Bill...but it doesn't quite look like him. Ivy looks much better than someone who wants to just hibernate. And I'm glad Will is doing his own thinking about what he wants to do. And Faith and Collin have such dazzling smiles. They must be so happy! And their kids are going to be gorgeous!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...