This week started with one last day of school off before heading back. It was great. We needed it. The rest of the week was pretty brutal with getting back to an early morning schedule.
Tuesday was Senior ditch day. Will took full advantage even though many of his friends in his AP Lit class didn't dare. Will is fearless that way! Around 1pm he was outside our house jumping rope when he saw his anatomy teacher (and XC country coach running) who got after him for missing his class that day - which I though was ironic seeing as how he had obviously left school early during his prep to go running!
Will has been trying to figure out new ways to do his hair. He wanted me to teach him how to wrap it up in a towel, which was pretty funny!
The rest of the week was just a struggle. Lots of being tired. Lots of reminding students of things that are totally inappropriate at school (I had a freshman guy who was genuinely surprised and confused at why I wasn't going to allow him and his friend to trade stickers of naked women during Spanish class!)
Friday was a highlight. Bill and I went out to eat at Lindo Michoacán and we even got a seat with a view! (He won by ordering the shrimp tacos, but I did pretty good with one chicken enchilada and one beef enchilada both smothered in green sauce.)
By Saturday I couldn't do any more. I hid out in Ivy's room for a nap and scrolling. Ivy and Luna both found me and it helped :)
We ran at Cornerstone park (only two miles because that's all I had in me) and I even got to wear my new Christmas beanie that I love.
Today was even better. Bill and I went hiking at a wash just on the Lake Mead side of Lake Las Vegas. Now I feel more ready to try again another week.
I'll post about it on our new TikTok/Instagram account: @offstripboondoggles







2 comments:
Oh I am so glad you have Ivy and Luna and Bill and napping and running and hiking! It IS hard to go back to school. I told you Eve cried real tears all the way to school, didn't I? It's better after you just do it. You are a very cute runner in your beanie and all of your hiking pictures are glorious!
Your blonde hair is just sensational! Don’t feel self-conscious at all. It’s how I have a default of thinking about you. It’s great. I also loved the picture of you running in your beanie. You’re so pretty. Everything else, even the brutal parts, were so worth reading about! I’m so glad that you post real life.
Post a Comment