Monday, June 17, 2024

Hot Weeks Passing Fast!

 

We have had temperatures close to 110 for the past week or two. It's definitely feeling warm. We are truly grateful for days when it only gets to 104 and for the pool, which helps cool us off even if it does turn our feet blue these days :)

I went to lunch with friends this week to celebrate Joan's graduation from UNLV this spring. These are colleagues from Basic that I will love forever. We talked and enjoyed each other for a couple of hours, but then I got a call from Will.


I ran home to make sure that Will had the insurance card to go to the ophthalmologist who found out why his eye was so red and inflamed and he was losing vision. It took a lot of tests, but they finally realized that there was an eyelash growing in the wrong direction into his eye (and had been for some time) that they plucked out. He's doing much better now, thankfully!

Bill fired the solar company he had been consulting for this week. We all think it was a great decision and are looking forward to getting more time with him this summer without some of the crazy work drama. On to better things - like Father's Day. The kids got him Krispy Kreme donuts, some licorice and 2 gift cards to Red Lobster to which he replied, "Red Lobster is going bankrupt. We better use these fast!" He adores seafood, so it was actually a great gift that will get used soon!

I so wish Faith were close enough to be here for days like this! She is really good about calling and making sure that something presents are bought and given. 

Ivy started running this morning with Coach G. He does special off-season training for all the fast kids. You have to run with him or fall behind. Luckily, some of her besties are doing it too and it gives me the opportunity to get a new walking partner - another runner's mom who I really enjoy.

Faith and Collin got back from the Grand Canyon and got right back to work. Collin and one of his partners from work flew to Florida this week to buy an airplane that they got for a song that Emma wants to flip. They ferried it back and the day after he got back he had students lined up for flight lessons. The guy keeps busy! Faith is also busy with lots of news. They love having her report for the "Crime Beat" portion of the news because it sounds so good to say, "This is Faith Justis reporting Crime Beat live - News Channel 2."



2 comments:

Paige said...

I adore that name. It's even better having a be a real one! I'm so glad the doctors figured out Will's eyelash problem. What a scare I'm also glad Ivy is making sure to get friend time and coach time all at once. It's a bonus that you're getting friend time, as well. What a great post. Tell your husband Bill that I am 100% behind him having less drama in his life.

HW said...

What?! Bill quit his job with the crazy hours that required him to learn all sorts of engineering? I may need to call you and get more details. I loved the details you did include. I’m so glad you got lunch with friends from Basic. I’m so glad Will’s eye is okay! I’m so impressed with Ivy’s toughness, running with the fast kids. And Faith and Collin just keep doing good things. They give hope in the future of the world, don’t they?!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...