We went to Rocky Point last week. Paige is so good at preparing me for life events - even this last one of going to Rocky Point. We usually do a little bit more on vacation, but there were just the three of us (Bill, Ivy and me) as Will had to work. We just relaxed a lot, ate some really great food and played on the beaches. There was also a little bit of shopping for me, but Ivy found the shopping very anxiety inducing. She thought that the open-air tourist market was waaaay to stressful to have venders watching you and trying to get you to buy the whole time.
 |
| We had amazing tortas at this shop for dinner when we arrived. We wanted to come back to it, but didn't get the time. |
 |
| The beach closest to us had reefs on the shore that weren't great for swimming, but were wonderful for looking for crabs and treasures. I showed Ivy how to tell the difference between a boy crab and a girl crab. |
The evening of our first full day we drove west out by the resorts and on to some of the other beaches and coastline. This crazy pier had ginormous cement blocks on each side.
We ended up eating at Emiliano's - a restaurant at one of the resorts. The food was amazing. We had enchiladas and tacos that were really memorable!
Thursday we went to the beach in the morning and walked (Bill) and collected shells (Kirsta and Ivy). In the afternoon we went to the malecón where we shopped (bought t-shirts for all of us - including Will) and walked around.
For dinner we ate some (amazing) pizza. We bought it there and waited for them to cook it and took it back to the condo to eat it so there was plenty of time for looks maxxing and silliness.
 |
| Ivy thought this elevator made us all look chubby. |
 |
| More shells. I want to make earrings out of the skeleton ones! |
 |
| Friday I had to wait a bit for everyone to get going. We went swimming at a sandy beach at one of the resorts. |
 |
| Then we came back to our condo and went swimming. It was a pretty good pool. |
Some of my favorite things were the signs.
 |
| I giggled about the word "elevador" - only in Mexico. In Spain we call those things ascensores. |
 |
| I saw the biggest shrimp I've ever seen at the wharf in Puerto Peñasco. The statue was great. |
 |
| I always think I'll use signs like this in class, but I never do :) |
Then Saturday we drove back to Las Vegas by way of Phoenix to have a Thai lunch with Greg Ladd.
 |
| This is on the Mexico side of the border. I was trying to get a picture of the border wall, but you can barely see it. It looks like a dark outline at the top of the first mountain ridge. |
 |
| At the Lukeville/Sonoyta crossing there is a saguaro and pipe organ cactus forest on both sides of the border. It's really quite spectacular if you like cacti like we do :) The saguaros were flowering so a lot of them looked like they had flat top hairdos :) |
 |
| I only got one picture with Greg and shoot! His eyes were closed. I feel bad, but he was still great and went way out of his way to meet up with us in Goodyear. It's always fun to hear what plans he has cooking! |
We got home Saturday at around 8pm and it was so good to see Will and Luna again. They had made it through and kept up with things here. Just wish they could have been with us!!
3 comments:
Nice jawlines on the looksmaxxing! I am so glad you got time to chill together, but I totally feel you on wishing Will could be there. Our vacations are more fun with Willa and Wyatt and they can hardly ever come. Also, I like the things you choose to take pictures of. The Spanglish signs, the beautiful shells, and the beach pictures that make the name Rocky Point seem appropriate.
Beautiful!
I approve of your plan to make earrings out of the interesting shells. I really think you had a great vacation, and I bet they would've let you take your cat… At least maybe smuggle it in. Do you think she would go along with that?
As always, thank you for the pictures of cactuses. Even better are pictures of Gregory. Even with eyes closed.
Aaand I noticed that Instagram had different photos. Tricky!
Post a Comment