It feels so busy and like a lot of work. I keep forgetting that there is a bunch of stuff that I'm not doing while I'm teaching Spanish, so I get to do all of that once summer comes.
1. Doctor's appointments - I saw the gynecologist this week and the young nurse practitioner was really great to commiserate with me about this awkward time of life. I told her that I would (finally) go in for my mammogram, but that I was not going to have a colonoscopy (it's just asking too much!) She's sending me a Cologuard kit instead. This next week, Ivy will get her athletic physical done and we will both go to the dermatologist.
2. Taking care of my boys. I feel like I don't have good excuses not to cook dinner and make sure that Bill is at least getting healthy snacks during the day (working from home.) Plus, Will is working construction full time this summer and he needs good calories. It's a bit of work, honestly - all the meal prep and planning and we go through food so fast in the summer it feels like I'm always at the grocery store!
3. Chores - I no longer have excuses not to vacuum the dusty vents that have been bothering me and clean out the pool bin and pool and cut up the branches that needed to be taken out with the garbage and sweeping/cleaning off the porch and driveway - and everything else. It's surprising how much I can find to do around here and I haven't even gotten to Bill's list yet!
4. Driving Letting Ivy Drive - any errands that need to be run are a good chance for Ivy to work on getting those 50 hours of driving in. We are doing a good job getting her there, she does need more night hours. Maybe we'll have to drive up to Reno this summer.
In between these things I have been exercising in the mornings (hallelujah!), reading The Hobbit, trying (and failing) to give blood, playing and snuggling with Luna, enjoying watching the discount roses I bought open beautifully, listening to all the post-trial interviews of the Chad Daybell trial, and planning for my big Cincuentañera.


2 comments:
You are amazing! Great job on all the work. Your flowers are beautiful. I'm so glad Bill and Will have you around to keep them fed and happy. I'm glad that Ivy has you around to help her get the hours she needs as a driver. Isn't it ironic and sad that Dusty events only bother one person? Any number of people could get behind that vacuum cleaner, but it ends up being, doesn't it?
Summer is tough! And I am with you about only being able to do one preventive thing each year. Cologuard isn't terrible, but I don't do it on a year I have a mammogram. ;) I am so glad you are getting all the things that bothered you done. I am impressed with all the energy that must take.I'm also glad you are getting time snuggling with Luna and planning trips to Reno in addition to the grocery store.
Post a Comment