Tuesday, May 21, 2019

A Weekend Without Wifi

Not sure if you noticed that I didn't post this last weekend. I have a good excuse. Our wifi was out for 3 days!! We all had a rough weekend.

However it was a busy week!  Will had his promotion ceremony from 8th grade to 9th. The ceremony itself was painful and was also a deciding factor in Will having his hair cut last week :)

Walking in to the ceremony. (Faith had to work.)

 I wasn't fast enough to get it on film, but Will was sure to do his "Ah-Whoa" move before getting his certificate.
 Though he was obliged to have a few pictures after, he wasn't happy about it until we got home and he had the opportunity to pose in the red yucca. He is a funny 14 year old.

Tonight was Ivy's 5th grade promotion ceremony. As we walked in, I told her, "Hold hands with Will and let me take your picture." She loved the idea and grabbed Will's hand first thing.

 The 3.5 years between these two is starting to show more and more. Ivy is on the small side of her 5th grade class and Will is now my height.

Ivy and Luke Wilkinson

Luke, Derek, Ivy: these three did Kindergarten lunch bunch together. Now they are graduating from elementary school!

 The father's had a good time catching up after the ceremony too.


We took the opportunity to take one last picture of Will with the BMMS sign before he leaves this Thursday!


My favorite part of the whole thing was that Ivy let me go crazy with her hair!



Ivy happens to be all over the "Ah-Whoa" as well. She is excited to move on to middle school.

School is out on Thursday!! Only a few more graduations! Summer is coming!

2 comments:

Paige said...

I have to get the scoop on that ah woah move. Maybe this Thursday. Tell Ivy her hair is glorious. I love Will's picture in the red Yucca. And now he's a high school kid. So cool.

HW said...

I just love your kids! It's so much fun to see them growing up and passing these milestones. And a little bit sad too. No more elementary school for you?! That's kind of a big deal. Ivy looked beautiful! I loved the hairdo and the dress. Will looks properly cool and fun and funny. My kids taught me how to throw the whoa this week, so now I feel all caught up.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...