Sunday, May 12, 2019

Happy Mother's Day Week

It has been a good week.  Yesterday Ivy and I sent this picture to Dad wishing him a happy day:


I'm so proud of Dad! He texted me back like it was no big deal and then even sent me duck faces back!!


Another fun thing that happened this week is that my students had to bring their piñatas in to school for a grade. It was so much fun to see what they all did! I was really proud of them.


3rd fun thing about this week: Faith's Senior awards night and NHS awards ceremony were this week. She is one of 3 valedictorians this year from her class and won the math award from her math teacher. We finally realized she was talking about Faith when she talked about this student going to UNR and majoring in journalism and minoring in statistics.


And then there was Mother's Day! I had a great Mother's Day with texts from my sisters, playing with my children and podcasts while playing 2048 Cupcakes :)



 Will is becoming super-cool...or at least he pretends to be, but only in short doses, and then laughs about it so nobody hates it too much. His coach from last b-ball season texted me this evening asking if Will wanted to be on his All-star competitive team, so that was more good news!



 Lots to be grateful for this week. I did have a few moments of yearning for Mom to be here to be tickled about Faith's high school experience going down in glory. She was so so so good at celebrating good news! I am determined to keep that part of her alive. I want to be someone who rejoices with other people's good news.


This is a picture of me with my latest picture from the library on my wall. Just trying out my fun lenses (this one was the fish-bowl lens) that I got a few Mother's Days back.


Last, but not least, I get to live with and love my Very Best Friend. Bill gave me these beautiful orchids for Mother's Day and made sure that I got Mexican food too. He also gave my children the ability to wiggle their ears and to do the camel with their stomachs.

Happy Mother's Day week to all my sisters!! I love you lots. Thank you for being a part of my life. 

2 comments:

Paige said...

I'm first in here, so I get to say it before anyone else. I think I'll say it in capital letters:

YOU'RE A STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL WOMAN.

Those pinatas are pleasing. Faith is about all the beautiful and smart anyone could hope for in a high school senior. Ivy has a great sense of humor to do those duck faces with you. Will being cool is a crack up. Does he still dance with the blow-up wiggly things outside of car dealerships? Bill does thoughtful gifts.

HW said...

I am so impressed you got picture texts from Dad and Marj! How fun! And your pinatas! I was worried maybe the Spiderman was a little TOO good. Like maybe he bought it. Or maybe he is just super good at piñatas. WAHOOO for Faith!!! What a universal woman! I am so proud of her! I'm so glad Will is just the right amount of cool. That is awesome to be invited to play on a competitive team. And I especially loved all the pictures of you. Thank you for starting this regular weekly posting! I'm proud of you too!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...