This week was a spirit week at my high school in preparation for Prom. I was going to post a picture of how I participated and dressed up for the days, but I only just barely remembered to take a picture of myself on Monday, which was flora vs fauna day and I borrowed a skirt from Paige.
The other days I didn't do an amazing job of participating anyway...except on Thursday when I allowed a student to pour ice water on me to benefit the eSports club at my school.
The next day, Christian and I had this conversation:
Christian: Sorry for the cold water.
Me: That's okay, sorry for the wet hug.
Christian: That's okay.
I also had allergy testing this week, which was very interesting. It turns out that I don't have allergies to the foods that were tested (60 different foods) but I do have some environmental allergies to things like: grasses, fungus, certain trees (like elms and cottonwoods) and dust mites. Treatment is possible, but sounds hard core. A shot once a week for 6 months, then monthly for 6 months and then quarterly for a year. I have to be willing to give myself shots. The jury is still out on whether or not the treatment is worth it.
Meanwhile, I'm making an appointment with the ENT to see if they can help me stop snoring. More updates to come! (With pictures from 4 different angles...)
A friend of mine sent me pictures of Ivy as Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I was so grateful!
This weekend we caught up on The Avengers. Faith and Ivy hadn't seen Infinity War, so we watched it together on my laptop and then the whole family went to see End Game in the theater, which was way too long!!!
We are ending the weekend in our regular spots...on our devices :)










3 comments:
Was Ice Water photos are the very best I've seen. The stop action and your expressions and I absolutely on the face of the boy who is pouring water. All of it is wonderful. That allergy testing looks pretty gruesome. A treatment also sounds gruesome. Sinus congestion for me is always helped by cayenne pepper and Goldenseal.
Evie wants to do spirit week. Also, I just loved seeing the water come over you like a sheet! And your expressions were so pleasant about it! And thank you for the explanation about allergy testing. I'm interested in what you find out about the congestion. I have it too, but maybe not as bad as you since I still sleep in a bed.
Also, Ivy as RBG is just about the sweetest thing ever.
Post a Comment