It's get ready time at our house. We are getting ready for Will's graduation in a few weeks and Faith's wedding in less than 2 months! Yesterday Will and I went suit shopping. Unfortunately I can't get him one of the cheap suits I see advertised on Instagram because he shoulder width to waist ratio is too big. He complains about his underdeveloped body in relation to his shoulders and I ask, "Would you rather have underdeveloped shoulders too?" He needs a haircut. One more thing on the preparations list!
Yesterday Bill ordered the white tennis shoes they will be wearing with their blue suits. Now they just need ties. My shoes are coming this week.
We hope all the other wedding preparations are in order. I text the caterer regularly so she doesn't forget me. If she bails on me last minute I don't know what we'll do - maybe just go out to eat and then dance at the Opera house :)
Other things from this week:
Will took the AP Literature test on Wednesday. He said he felt great about the first essay, but the last two just went downhill. We are crossing our fingers for him that he passed!
Ivy took the AP Human Geography test on Thursday. I left school early to take her to lunch and hear all about it. She said it was easier than the practice tests her teacher had given them.
I didn't catch as many of Faith's reports as I usually do this week. If I can, I try to text her between 4 and 5pm which is a surprisingly good time to reach her - it's right between her two live reports and she is usually just waiting around in the news van.

6 comments:
Ah! There is so much good here in the messy middle of getting ready! Will looks awesome in his suit. And I'm so excited to see everyone else's details! I am hopeful your caterer becomes your BEST FRIEND. Who would never ever bail on you. And those kids both taking AP tests? Huzzah! Did you watch Stand and Deliver first? We watched The Three Amigos, which is the Stand and Deliver of Sewing. Which....nevermind. Carry on! You are doing a good work!
The Three Amigos is the "Stand and Deliver of Sewing" you are hilarious! I love it! I need to see that movie again too. Do you think I could get away with showing it to my Spanish students???
My favorite line now: "We're not Mexican. We're not from around here." Delivered in broad English of course.
Also, that is Paige's line, that The Three Amigos is the Stand and Deliver of Sewing. I just remembered it for a very long time.
These are such good things! Will reminds me of Zoolander in his suit, though I haven’t even seen that whole movie, just clips. You guys have some life changing things happening in the next few weeks. I am glad your kids took the AP tests for their classes, mine did not. We also really like APHuGe at our house. It’s fun you know just when to call Faith and interesting to have a behind the scenes of news anchor life. Good luck with the caterer! I can’t wait to see pictures of all these great events and all of you in your nice attire.
Even though I desperately wanted to read the other comments, I’m saving them. I really love your sons hair, and it will be a shame to see it go. Good thing we all know there’s more where that came from. Those AP tests are so much fun, aren’t they? I am impressed with both of them taking those tests. Ivy jumped in quickly. Do you think she’s going to try to beat the record that Faith set?
Post a Comment