This week started off with me curling Will's hair and him posing for me as a Cholo in his guitar concert outfit. (His pants have gotten so tight in this one school year that we were actually a bit afraid for him to wear them to this last concert!)
The guitar concert was painful. It's always fun to hear Will play, but we were all in a bit of a mood and I fell on my way into the concert (literally. Fell on the ground. In front of all of Ivy's friends.) It left me with a bad bruise on my right knee that looks particularly hideous today.
The great thing about the concert was that Michelle came and gave Will carnations that we have been enjoying on our kitchen table all week. She is such a cutie-doll. She is Ivy's favorite part about Will right now.
Mid-week I taught Spanish classes. Still. My students were appalled and dismayed at my ability to continue to try to teach them Spanish when they are so obviously done. Some of us are just try-hards.
Also it was teacher appreciation week and I got two cards and a candy bar. For high schoolers it was pretty good!
I had so much fun with the flowers Michelle gave Will. All week I have been arranging and adding to and subtracting from them and it has really made my week.
Also, we had to try to convince the banker at Coronado that Will doesn't owe money for his dual credit math class so that he can graduate. Grad walk is this Tuesday and I wish I could be there so badly!!!
A colleague of mine is retiring after 40 years of teaching at Basic. She also graduated from Basic and even taught the current principal at Basic Spanish (I get the feeling he is still a little resentful of the C he got out of her class!) Our department threw her a bash after school on Thursday.
 |
| Christine Ghazal is Lebanese and teaches French. Lorraine Jimenez, Anita Wong, Martha Chavez, Elaine Enns and Shirley Best all teach Spanish. |
We measured everyone on our calendar like we do. Ivy is the only one still growing and I am the only one shrinking apparently.
For Mother's Day my family gave me art! Faith sent a really sweet card. Ivy and Will both painted me sugar skulls and Bill bought art for our walls. A tiger (because I was born in the year of the tiger) and an ox (because he was born in the year of the ox.) I'll have to get a separate picture of the tiger. I really like it. It's very colorful.
I mostly think about my own mother, which always brings a smile. I miss the physicality of being able to give her hugs, but I still feel so close to her. I think about her so often and feel her close whenever I do.
4 comments:
I’m quite sure you need a time turner. I will send you one. Then you can be at Will’s walk across the stage moment, as well as the retirement party.
I’m so sorry you got hurt. Hideous bruises. They’re strangely fascinating. Do you want to share photos?
OK, I had to first look up cholo on urbandictionary.com. He is totally killing it. And Nice curling job. It is fun to have a cutie-girl girlfriend who brings flowers too. I am so sorry about your knee! That is the worst. And your statement about teaching cracked me up. You are a try-hard! Hahaha!1 The sign. Oy! I got stuck on that error, but I know you love her and your Spanish department. I liked your height chart on the calendar. Do you keep those? Do you have recorded the height at which they are hung? I like the ox and the tiger idea and I'm looking forward to seeing the tiger. I bet Mom does stay close to you. I love that thought!
Yes, Heather, the sign was a bit of a fiasco. The librarian made it for her and none of us dared to complain because he is such a diva!!
What a guy to let you curl his hair! The flowers are beautiful. A good girlfriend/boyfriend is a fun treat in high school. I hope your knee is healing. Good job surviving the concert. I am sorry you are losing such a good coworker. I am glad the librarian isn’t an English teacher. I guess the sign made the retirement party more memorable. Good luck as you make it to the end of the year!
Post a Comment