Friday, May 26, 2023

The Graduate

 



Will ponders his future. Just kidding. He's making fun of another Coronado HS graduate and IG influencer.


Will officially graduated from high school on Wednesday, May 24. They sat the graduates according to achievement. First came the AP Academy students, then there were the Advanced Honors students (that was Will), then the College and Career Ready students, and then the regular graduates who wore blue robes instead of white. Papa Fred didn't like that.

These two were real troupers. The graduating class was over 700 students. We ascended and descended lots of stairs and sat through all the commencement ceremony during diner time!

Graduation was held that the Thomas and Mack Center on the campus of UNLV.  Ivy even dressed up for it and cheered the loudest for Will.

Our seats were pretty high up. We relied on the Jumbotron  :)

They announced Will as William Thomas Evans. They left off the IV, even though Will told them to be sure to say it. He did great anyway.

We celebrated at the house afterward with pizza on fine China and cake pops and Texas sheet cake.


Then we went hot tubbing. Now Will is working on becoming a shift lead at Wetzel Pretzel and still going to hold down his Kohls job. What a happy day!

3 comments:

Kayci said...

Congratulations Will! Congrats Kirsta and Bill! You have a two thirds graduation rate on your kids so far! Nice work! That graduation looks like the ones from our local schools. So many kids you need a college event arena for it. Uncle Fred and Marj are troopers. That’s so great they came to the graduation. I love how you celebrated. Will having two jobs is impressive and also a good way to keep him busy! One big event down one more to come!

Paige said...

I am totally influenced by Will. Can he claim that he's an influencer if his audience is me?

What a great day for all of you. The photos of Bill congratulating his son in your kitchen were just terrific. I also like how you were able to do that selfie with everybody in it. Major skill, honey. I am so happy every time I see dad and Marge. They really do so much, don't they? You guys all impressed me so much. Naturally, Ivy looks beautiful. I'm glad she was vocal about her brothers achievements - right out in public.

HW said...

Oh wow! The caption on that first photo totally cracked me up! It sounded just like you. And Will! And everyone looked so great. Thank you for the pictures. I would have loved to be there tolerating the stairs and crowds and time so I could cheer just as loud as I could for Will. Hooray!!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...