I don't get much face time with Faith these days, so this weekend was extra special. Bill and I met Faith and Collin along with Collin's parents, Cherie and Farley, in Eureka to iron out some wedding plans and meet each other before the wedding.
Below is the the court house where Faith and Collin will be wed on July 1. The wood in the courthouse was brought in from Spain (which makes it special for me). Faith and Collin are writing their own vows. Collin has promised to make Faith cry. None of us are completely sure Faith is a crier, but I guess we'll find out!
After figuring out the sound system and table arrangements at the Opera House (just across the street from the court house) we went to dinner at a place called Urban Cowboy. Best chile relleno I've ever had. Bill had the chile verde, which was also good. Nobody complained about the food. I'm trying to switch caterers!
After dinner we went back to the hotel breakfast area to chit chat and then played a couple of rounds of gin rummy together until we realized that Bill and Faith had a dance to learn! The three of us went to the exercise room so they could learn the (very basic) steps of their father/daughter dance. The best part about their dance is going to be those two together. They have a really fun and playful relationship that comes out when they are doing crazy things like dancing :)
Saturday morning Cherie and Collin were the early risers and Faith and Farley were the ones who slept the best. After breakfast we had a little bit more time for talking to the Justises before we had to head out of town. It was heart warming to hear the fun stories of Collin growing up and the obvious love in their family. Someone gave Collin a motorcycle in parts and his mom told him (thinking he wouldn't do it) that if he rebuilt it he could ride it. It took him nine months, but he rebuilt it, got it registered and rode it. That was his first motorcycle. The love of machines runs deep there :)

The Justises are great people. We really couldn't ask for better. Collin's mom is a fierce caretaker of her people. She runs NV Flight, Collin and Emma's (who is Collin's sister) flight school, has her mother living with her, and goes to help care for her mother-in-law (who was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's) once a week. Collin's dad is a great conversationalist and spends his free time (and some work hours too) volunteering with search and rescue. I have been so grateful that Faith has these great people to love her too - especially with us being so far away.
Bill and I were leaving to find some warm springs about an hour south of Eureka, but the road turned to a gravel road and we weren't sure if things were going to devolve after that. And yes, I'm wearing a hoodie and holding one too. It wasn't that cold, I must have been over prepared.
I snapped a quick picture of the Opera House (where the reception will be) on our way out of town. July is coming and my momma heart might not be ready for this!
3 comments:
I have been haunting your blog, hoping I will see some thing this week. Feels like a win! What a relief that Faith will be having in-laws to really take care of her, and not to vex her. What a wonderful day you have planned all together. I’m so glad you included me in the prep.
It helps if you think of your daughter getting married meaning that you are getting a completely grown wonderful new son that you didn't have to raise. It sounds like the Justises did a great job for you! And yes, it's lovely to have more people who love your kid. I am so excited to come celebrate (and maybe cry just a little bit) with you!
What a great weekend to of preparing for this big event! Faith seems to have chosen wisely. Good in-laws are such a great asset in life! Good luck with all the finishing touches and food! Lots of love to you for this big change!
Post a Comment