Ivy
Bill often tells me that he thinks that Ivy is just like what his mother would have been like as a child. In some ways I definitely see it. She is always up for fun - especially if Will is doing it, and she's pretty adventurous about going places.
Yesterday I was sitting on the sofa watching TV with the kids and noticed that Ivy, who was sitting next to me, was holding hands with Will (who was sitting on the other side of her.) I was jealous. I wanted to hold both of their hands.
She is finishing up first grade and knows who she wants for second grade. (Hopefully Mrs. Whelchel wants to be on track 5, because that is the one I'm requesting, as school will be year-round for Twitchell starting this summer.)
The other night she begged me to give her a piano lesson, so I did. She was so grateful she gave me payment in the form of a kiss afterward. Totally worth it.
This week we learned that a child in her class got lice. She wanted me to go over the information about it with her, but cried when I told her all about it. It was just too much to bear to think of having actual bugs crawling around on her head.
![]() |
| Me: "Ivy, I need a good picture of you today." Ivy: "okay" |
Bill
Bill's brother, Luke is engaged. We found out two weeks ago tomorrow. He is marrying a Haitian girl on (or around May 16th - next month) in Haiti. Most of his brothers are planning on attending the wedding, but they are all looking forward to a definite date so they can make travel arrangements! Also, Bill's parents bought tickets to go first thing when they found out about it, but my FIL's doctor nixed the idea for him going, so now it's just my MIL and her sons.
Between getting the house painted (it's done!) and looking for new tile for our downstairs, Bill is working on finding a way out of his current gig/investment. He is also still prepping the land over in what he calls "Little Tijuana" for sale. He had to get the police to take care of a guy who wanted to park his dead Winabego on the street in front of the property indefinitely. Maybe if the guy would have let us sell his Winabego with the property? Idk.
![]() |
| Bill - today. With our newly painted house. |
Kirsta
I have been trying to work at Faith's school as much as possible, but when a substitute job came up for her science teacher for two days in a row, she politely asked me not to take it. She likes having a ride to and from school, but her mother in her own classroom is a bit too much. I get it.
I took a class to get CPR certified a few weeks ago so I can substitute PE and dance classes, but wouldn't you know that nothing has come up yet. I'll keep trying though. This is one of my personal progress goals, so it has to happen!
Bill and I are trying to find a way to go on a vacation just the two of us this summer. Bill especially liked the idea of going skiing in Chile in July or August, but we'll see how things actually go down. Maybe once we get the floors in, we'll be able to give it some more thought.
![]() |
| Ivy took this picture of us the last time we were at the dentist in January. |
Faith
Faith received her YW medallion and is now working on getting her honor bee. She is the first one her age in our ward to finish. We're really pleased with how hard she worked and what amazing things she did.
The school newspaper came out a week or so ago and it was fun to read her article on the first page and see her political cartoon. I'll have to take a picture and post here.
Faith is looking forward to the 8th Grade dance at the end of the year. This year the theme is "Black and Gold Masquerade." She has always wanted to wear a mask to a formal dance! The joy! She has become good friends with a few girls in her art class and plans to attend the dance with them. I'm thrilled that she is getting more friends that are girls.
Will
Faith and I volunteered for cub scout day camp again this year. It was our last chance to do it with our very own cub scout attending. *sniff* How can the end of cub scouts be on the horizon already for Will? He loved day camp!
![]() |
| Will is the little head on the back row between friends, Kaden and Brigham. |
He is no longer playing four-square - it's all about tetherball at recess now. He had his spring concert for instrument ensemble. It was a really cute program, but we were sitting in the back so we couldn't see Will very well. We're all happy that he no longer has to stay after school for practices.
Will seems to be missing much more regular class time now that he is in the GATE program at school (gifted and talented). His teacher also chose him to go help "the disordered kids" is what Will calls them. They are the preschoolers at our school who are in resource. He loves doing it and often tells us about working with them.
And dancing. He's still dancing. Always dancing.





4 comments:
Oh how I love your family! And I do so appreciate these updates!!!! Thank you! You are such a blessing to us!
That dance video. Wow. This kind of update is just the thing to brighten a day. I love getting the chance to be "parrrrt of your wooooooorld."
Ah! So very satisfying!! I loved everything and may need a phone call for all the comments. May I suggest coming to KC and leaving your kids with me while you and Bill get away? You could do a Chicago trip or see the Michigan beaches within a day. Or St. Louis? Just GIVE ME YOUR KIDS!!! I love them!
This is such a great update. It's great to know a more of what is happening in the Evans world. Your kids are all becoming such great people and doing such fun things. Your summer getaway sounds fabulous. Also a trip to Haiti for Bill would be so cool. We have a girl in our Sunday school class from there and she is great! She has made me want to visit there someday. Love to all of you!
Post a Comment