Friday, December 11, 2020

Texting with Ivy

 About a month ago, Ivy and I had this conversation over text:


She has been nominated for student of the month by her math teacher, Mr. Goldhammer. We're really proud of her.

I received a notice recently that there is a free program here in Nevada for high school students, high school teachers and veterans that helps you study for and get Part 107 with the FAA, which is basically a commercial drone piloting license. I am applying for the program because it sounds like a really fun way to augment my income and to pilot airplanes without getting airsick :) I was telling Will all the great reasons why he should do it too. He didn't want to, but Ivy overheard me and was very interested, "I want to do that!"



3 comments:

Paige said...

Can I give the math teacher an award just for having a cool last name? Maybe the "John Henry Awesomeness Award." Think he'd go for that.

If Ivy wants awards, I could make one: the "Awesome Hair Award" because she's already got Student of the Month, and I'd hate to be redundant.

Paige said...

Also: becoming a drone pilot and LICENSED for it? and for FREE? is there a down side to this? No / Nada / Nunca / Nein / Nyet

Go for it.

HW said...

I bet Dad is so thrilled you have found a way to fly! And I just love your girl.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...