If you drive south of Bunkerville for 20 miles on Gold Butte Road, you will come to some very neat rock formations that are lots of fun. Dad showed them to us from the air the day after Thanksgiving, but today Bill and I decided to see them from the ground.
One of my favorite things about it (that I couldn't tell from the air) is that they are situated in the middle of a Joshua Tree forest! Bill and I hiked up the road that heads toward Arizona a ways and had a view of 5-6 different mountain ranges to the west. We could also see the south end of Lake Mead.
We decided that the next time we go, we will rent RV's and try to see Little Finland and Devil's Throat as well. The "paved" road out to Whitney Pocket was kinda sus.
 |
I loved this strong small family of Joshua Trees standing so straight even though one of their charms is how crooked they can grow!
|
 |
When I asked Bill if he wanted to go running with me today he negotiated a hike instead.
|
 |
The barrel cactus was almost as tall as me! Nobody told it that it wasn't supposed to grow that tall, so it just did. Kind of amazing!
|
 |
Some of the cool rock formations at Whiney Pocket (and my favorite person too.)
|
1 comment:
Desert plants. Rocks. Favorite people hiking. You really know how to reel me in, don't you? Looks blissful.
Post a Comment