Tuesday, December 29, 2020

All the rest of 2020

 What stands out from this vantage point:

  • Faith turned 19, but it felt like she turned 20 (sometimes I think she's right that I must be wrong about her age!)
  • Will turning 15 and by golly getting his party! Just because Faith didn't want one when she turned 15 doesn't mean that Will didn't want one. So there.
  • My students talking about Covid-19 before the schools shut down.
  • The actual shut-down of school in March.
  • Teaching, but not teaching until the end of the school year.
  • Our coping mechanisms: Slack-lining, Taco Bell freezes, boba smoothies, running, and visiting the puppy store.
  • Ivy turning 12 on our trip to Utah this summer.
  • Online school for everyone.
  • Faith and her roommates/friends in Reno
  • Getting to have Dad in NV for the last bit of the year and flying with him for the first time in many many years.
  • Celebrating 21 years of marriage at The Bellagio
  • Quiet Christmas and falling hard off the no-treat wagon.

And here are the pictures that didn't get posted that should have:

Below is the chalk mural at the place where we buy our boba smoothies.

 
These next two are from my birthday dinner.


Below is one of my colleagues. She regularly wears a hat or something to class to engage her students. Near the beginning of the year she wore a shower cap to show them the importance of actually getting ready for the day and looking okay for their families.

I worried about Faith's lack of sleep this last fall. She worked so hard. This picture is from a day when she didn't get much sleep and then went to report on the Indigenous People's Day of Rage Against Colonialism in Reno. She ended up back at her dorm tired and sunburned.

Below is the beautiful flower arrangement that Heather sent for my birthday. There was even a succulent in the arrangement that has lasted for months later!

 
Below are all the fun things that were in the Bright Box that Kaycie and Glen sent for my birthday. It was such a happy surprise!


 Sometimes my colleagues share pictures and I save them :) Below is Sra. Wong in Mexico. She used to take students there every year.

 
Will driving:
Riding passenger with Will:
 
These last 3 are from the Conservatory at The Bellagio on our anniversary.



 

 

2 comments:

Paige said...

The fellow teacher and her hats. Priceless! You and Bill look great together. You've made a positive impression on our grown up sons. I'm glad you have such a welcoming attitude. It has been a year full of good things mixed right in with the uncomfortable and downright frightening things.

Kayci said...

Oh, these are so fun! I am glad you enjoyed your birthday surprise and hopefully liked the contents. I like your pictures of riding with Will. I think I’ll have to post some with Lilly. Those casinos always surprise me with their fancy decorations. I think it is so fitting you stayed at a casino for your 21st anniversary! It seems like the best way to celebrate an officially adult relationship!)
I hope this year is good to you and yours.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...